Education and Working Life:
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Korhan Fazıl was born in Balıkesir in 1979. He completed his primary school education at Altı Eylül Primary School and his secondary and high school education at Balıkesir Sırrı Yırcalı Anatolian High School.
In 2003, he graduated from Hacettepe University (English) Faculty of Medicine.
After completing his speciality training at Istanbul Vakıf Gureba Training and Research Hospital in 2010, he worked in oculoplastic surgery, cataract, refraction, glaucoma and medical retina branches.
Between 2010-2011, he did his military service at GATA Haydarpaşa Training and Research Hospital with the right of self-selection by ranking in the exam in the recruitment unit.
Between 2011-2013, he performed his compulsory service at Amasya Sabuncuoğlu Şerefeddin State Hospital.
In 2013, he won the chief assistant exam at Istanbul Beyoğlu Eye Training and Research Hospital and continued his duty as chief assistant in this hospital until 2021. During this period, he worked in the oculoplastic surgery unit and trained many assistants and specialists.
In 2020, he was awarded the title of Associate Professor.
In 2021, he left his position in the state and started working as a freelance physician.
Study Subjects and Interests:
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Korhan Fazıl has a high level of experience and expertise in the field of oculoplastic surgery (eyelid aesthetics, orbital surgery, tear duct obstruction, etc.) since 2013. He also continues to work in the fields of routine eye health and examination, cataract, glaucoma, medical retina, refraction.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Korhan Fazıl has FEBO (Fellow of the European Board of Ophthalmology) certificate. Since 2019, he has been an active member of ESOPRS (European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery). He is also a member of the Turkish Ophthalmological Association and an active member of the Oculoplastic Surgery Unit of the Turkish Ophthalmological Association.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Korhan Fazıl has many local and foreign publications and presentations. He has contributed to the training of many ophthalmologists and thesis studies throughout his professional life.
- Fields of Study
- Eye and eye contour aesthetics
- Tear duct obstruction
- Orbital surgery
- Refractive surgery
- Eyelid injuries
Other eye surgeries he has performed and trained;
- Eyelid aesthetics
- Tear duct obstruction surgeries
- Treatment of eyelid deformities
- Orbital surgery
- Botox and filling applications
Professional Organizations of which he is a member
- Turkish Ophthalmological Association
- Turkish Ophthalmological Association Oculoplastic Surgery Unit
- European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Turkish Medical Association
Summary of Scientific Activities
- Number of articles in international refereed journals: 31
- Number of articles in national refereed journals: 19
- Number of presentations and posters in international congresses: 59
- Number of presentations and posters in national congresses: 54
- Book translation and chapter authorship:3
Supervised Medical Speciality Theses :
- Mehmet Göksel Ulaş: Evaluation of Scotopic, Mesopic and Photopic Pupil Diameters in Conjunctival Müllerectomy Patients in Preoperative and Early Postoperative Periods
- Gülşah Gümüş: Evaluation of the Effect of Blepharoplasty Surgery on Visual Field, Eyelid Anthropometric Measurements and Ocular Surface Area by Digital Analysis